Planning is the key to a successful relocation. We always say that. If you start planning the move six months before, you will have a stress-free relocation. Here is our second checklist on how to plan your relocation.
1 Month Ago
- Cancel accounts for your cable, internet, telephone, and other similar utilities
- Give you new adders to your passport office, Pension Company and commercial bank
- Book the movers and start packing your stuff. Sell the left overs or unwanted items or give them to a charity shop.
- Pay off any outstanding debts.
- Redirect all your posts or mail to a friend or relative.
1 Week Ago
- Cancel any newspaper, milk or any similar subscriptions.
- Buy some currency for each destination if you are moving abroad.
- Sell your car, bike, van or any other transport you won’t need. Cancel your car insurance.
- Ensure that your belongings are on the way to your new address.
1 Day ago
- Make sure that the transport to the airport is organized and will arrive in plenty of time for the flight.
- Pack small gifts to amuse young children on the flight
- Get good sleep.
- Contact people back home to let them know that you have arrived safely.
- Inform your new employer to confirm you have arrived.
- Register your children at a local school and arrange to meet your children’s new teachers. Ensure that they are fine with the relocation.
- Find a local doctor and dentist. Identify a reliable plumber, electrician, and mechanic in your area.
- Take a few days to get over the journey and explore the area.
- Get a landline installed and set up internet access. Set up a standing order for utilities.
Another important tip, moving on your own is a bad idea. Why take the trouble and get stressed when there are movers to do the job for you? Make sure to hire a mover.
Visit our blog for more tips on relocation.